Nomodic is an industry-leading provider of integrated building solutions, from design and permitting to fabrication and installation. We believe in ‘building without boundaries’, where any client vision is fulfilled through an innovative, flexible, and holistic approach to construction. We have become a Canadian leader in the delivery of accelerated modular projects.
Our core purpose is to leave things better in everything we do, from delivering time savings and certainty for our clients, to helping our employees grow and achieve their full potential.
Our fast-paced and motivated team is currently recruiting a Junior Designer. Reporting to the Director, Design and Engineering, the Junior Designer will play a key role within Nomodic’s Commercial Design team. The successful candidate in the role will assist in developing and preparing innovative building designs and drawings utilizing Revit. This role will incorporate best practice offsite construction methods and assist in coordination of consultants.
The Junior Designer is required to help promote a culture of continuous improvement and will help in design planning, tracking, and overseeing budgets. This role creates and maintains regular interaction with both internal and external stakeholders, therefore requiring strong attention to detail, organization, and a customer-focused attitude.
This Junior Designer must perform with a high degree of professionalism, judgement, and moral standards, ensuring the project’s goals of safety, cost, and schedule are maintained throughout the work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Junior Designer will perform some or all of the following:
- Abide by and promote the corporate health and safety policies and procedures
- Incorporate principles of design, modular construction and building regulations into projects
- Develop and prepare building designs and specifications in Revit
- Assist with modular constructability in designs, drive standards, best practices, and knowledge sharing
- Support project development and estimating by completing designs for bid submittals, performing modularity reviews, and completing renderings
- Support with managing design inputs in the bid and tender process, technical deviations, specifications, addendums, and enhancing Nomodic’s competitive opportunities through affordable and attractive design
- Collaborating with project consultants and assist with ensuring designs and drawings are completed on time, adhere basis of design and to the owners’ requirements
- Actively engage with the project execution team, supply chain and manufacturing facilities with clarifications, design inputs, value engineering and consultant coordination
- Stewards the efficient activities of document control for revisions, change management, issuance and distribution of project drawings, designs, and engineering
- Participate in enhancing use of technologies inclusive of but not limited to Revit/Bluebeam/Procore/Enscape
- Supports and assists with clash detection of design drawings, Level of Detail modeled and QA/QC of project designs
- Provides design support and leadership across multiple business units
- Shall also perform duties as assigned from senior leadership
- Technology Diploma in building sciences from an accredited institution
- Architectural or Engineering degree from an accredited institution considered an asset
- Must have minimum class 5 driver’s license.
The successful candidate in this role will also possess the following knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Experience in a junior designer of wood framed residential, commercial, industrial and/or hospitality building
- Experience in volumetric modular design considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Revit
- Experience with Procure and Bluebeam considered and asset
- Advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb planning, organizational, and logistic skills
- Accurate attention to detail, time management, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to exercise confidentiality
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as in a team, in a fast-paced environment
- Deadline driven
- Ability to promote and exemplify Nomodic’s core values
What we offer:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
- Paid time off (vacation and sick time)
- RRSP Matching
- Learning and career advancement opportunities and support
- Positive and inclusive work environment
- Flexible schedule
- Hybrid/remote work environment
We thank all of those who apply, however we will only contact those who we see qualified.
Nomodic is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salary packages, a positive work environment, and career advancement opportunities.