Nomodic is an industry leader in design-build projects, and one of the most complete and trusted providers of custom hybrid and offsite building solutions.
We believe in building without boundaries, where every project is a blank canvas with infinite possibilities waiting to be discovered. Our unique hybrid approach, which includes modular, prefabricated components, and traditional craftsmanship, makes it possible to efficiently implement a variety of construction methods to find the best possible solution for each project, delivering time savings and peace of mind from conception to completion.
Our fast-paced and motivated team is currently recruiting a Purchaser, who under the direction of the Vice President (VP), Shared Services, will be responsible for providing purchasing and subcontract support for Nomodic to achieve its procurement objectives. The Purchaser is a key role responsible for procurement of building components, assemblies, equipment, materials and services.
The position works closely with a team of Project Leads and Project Coordinators, therefore strong communication and collaboration skills are essential. The Purchaser role will be based on Vancouver Island with low to medium potential for travel and out of ‘standard operating hours’ work.
Specific Duties may include:
- Source materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and services within established limits and quality, quantity, and price guidelines
- Assess company requirements and specifications for items to be purchased
- Provide pricing for estimates and assisting with closing estimates
- Coordinate delivery and expediting of goods
- Lead the development and evaluation of RFQs, RFPs and Tenders
- Conduct all aspects of the competitive bidding process including assembling bidders lists and packages, issuing, receiving, opening, evaluating, recommending, awarding, and documenting
- Make recommendations for vendor selection, place orders, and maintain records
- Optimize the production of vendor networks (capacity, consistency, and price)
- Update and maintain company-wide communication of an Approved Vendor List
- Collaborate with product representatives to keep current on new products and their uses
- Evaluate and negotiate contract terms and conditions, recommending contract awards
- Determine subcontract requirements for projects and develop subcontracting procurement plans
- Source subcontractors, determine interest, and ensure they meet or exceed the minimum EHS, quality and financial requirements of Nomodic and the Client
- Gather and negotiate pricing and exceptions to the standard subcontract terms and conditions
- Ensure subcontractors have adequate and current insurance coverage
- Receive subcontract requisitions. Develop, execute, and issue subcontracts. Input subcontracts into the appropriate information systems
- Support project leads with the expediting process
- Contact clients and suppliers to resolve issues as required
- Preparing routine and special reports as required
- Resolve invoicing issues in a timely fashion
- Plan, schedule and forecast procurement activities
- Review plans, specifications and contracts to ensure the correct equipment, material and subcontractor services are ordered and/or purchased
- Other duties as assigned
Successful applicants will have the following Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering, business administration, commerce or economics may be required
- Minimum 3 – 5 years buyer or purchasing experience
- At least two (2) years of experience within an industrial or commercial construction procurement department.
- Completion of, or working towards, the P.M.A.C. Purchasing Certificate program or the SCMP Accreditation Program.
- Experience in the construction industry is preferred but not required
Successful applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the use of the MS Office suite (Outlook, Word & Excel), as well as an aptitude to learn new systems are essential
- Experience using Procore project management software considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Procurement process in a prefabrication environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, ability to multi-task and handle ever changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated integrity and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, along with the ability to build strong business relations both internally and externally
- Ability to promote and exemplify Nomodic’s core values
- Ability to work within a dynamic team, exhibiting leadership and teamwork
- Attention to detail, mathematical and analytical skills
- Proven negotiator and the ability to negotiate at all levels, and initiate and lead contract discussions to successful completion
- Ability to build positive working relationships with professionals within industry and internal clients
- Proven organizational skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a fast-paced work environment
- Capability to integrate plans and schedules with business needs to enable on-time execution
- Thorough knowledge of Nomodic’s process
- Understanding of purchasing principles, techniques, practices, and ethics
- Service orientated and ability to work effectively with a team environment
- Solid research skills and commitment to continually learn about new products and methods
We thank all of those who apply, but we'll only reach out to those who we see qualified!