Nomodic is an industry leader in design-build projects, and one of the most complete and trusted providers of custom hybrid and offsite building solutions.
We believe in building without boundaries, where every project is a blank canvas with infinite possibilities waiting to be discovered. Our unique hybrid approach, which includes modular, prefabricated components, and traditional craftsmanship, makes it possible to efficiently implement a variety of construction methods to find the best possible solution for each project, delivering time savings and peace of mind from concept to completion.
Our fast-paced and motivated team is currently recruiting an Edmonton-based Service Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Construction, the Service Manager plays a key leadership role within Nomodic’s operations team. The Service Manager’s primary focus is to oversee the safety, cost, schedule and execution of work for the Service and Space Rental divisions.
The Service Manager will provide leadership, training and direction to their assigned Project Supervisors and subcontractors as appropriate. The Service Manager will ensure punctual reporting for both internal and client specified reports. Tasking and assignment are self-directed, but it is expected that they will use their resources appropriately to complete their work.
The Service Manager duties are to be performed at a high level of professionalism and moral standards, ensuring that the projects’ goals of safety, cost and schedule are maintained throughout the work.
The Service Manager performs some or all of the following duties:
- Maintains and promotes the corporate Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Coordinate safety efforts for all projects. Using both internal and external resources as required
- Report all incidents immediately to the Director of Operations and ensure that the incident reporting policies are followed
- Participate in risk and incident reviews as applicable
- Project Development
- Assist in estimating and developing opportunities, including scope and budget reviews
- Manage assigned projects once awarded
- Finalize overall project schedule and execution plans by working closely with the Director of Construction and Director of Project Development
- Business Development
- Work with Construction Services Business Development team to develop Marketing and Sales plans necessary to build division
- Identify service and space rental construction opportunities, develop and close opportunities
- Hire and develop a dedicated crew of in-town personnel to execute Service and Space rental projects
- Resources planning and logistics on assigned projects, including scheduling manpower, tools and equipment
- Manage sourcing and logistics for assigned projects, including contractor selection, materials sourcing and delivery
- Review, forecast and update both costing and scheduling on a weekly basis while maintaining an understanding of the works and activities each day
- Maintain open communications with their Project Supervisors, reviewing deliverables on a weekly basis with daily updates expected as a minimum standard
- Annual expense and capital budget development for Service division
- Monthly financial reporting on assigned projects
- Responsible for pre, progress, and post budget reporting. Manage reporting to client (i.e. safety, daily and weekly progress reports, turnover documentation)
- Ensure that Service activities, reporting and scheduling requirements assigned by the Director of Construction for their area are implemented and executed in such a manner that both Nomodic and client expectations are met
- Other duties as required
- Completion of post-secondary school is required (or equivalent work experience)
- Must be fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Must have minimum of valid class 5 driver’s license
- PMP Certificate is an asset
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years project management experience or similar role
- Experience in the commercial/industrial construction
- Excellent planning, organizing and logistics skills
- Adaptability and the ability to react quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Capable user of computer tools and systems to support the role, including Microsoft Office products, and the willingness to introduce new IT tools to drive efficiencies and automation
- Accuracy and attention to detail, organizational, time management, technical writing, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- High standards of ethical conduct; ensuring the preservation of confidential and/or sensitive information
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to promote and exemplify Nomodic’s core values
- Propensity for multi-tasking
- Deadline driven
- Strong leadership skills
- Confidence and assertiveness to lead and direct vendors and contractors while maintaining a positive working relationship
- Work weeks are 5 days, Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day, with variable times due to travel necessities and restrictions
- On-call will be required on a regular basis. On-call scheduling to be determined by Director of Construction based on current resources
- One-hour unpaid lunch break
- Frequently exposed to noise and a regular flow of people around the office
- Expect regular visits to site and client as required
- Frequently assigned changing priorities
- Must be able to work in office
- Must be able to work on a computer for the bulk of their day
Experience in Modular Construction preferred but not required.
We thank all of those who apply, but we'll only reach out to those who we see qualified!