Nomodic is an industry-leading provider of integrated building solutions, from design and permitting to fabrication and installation. We believe in ‘building without boundaries’, where any client vision is fulfilled through an innovative, flexible, and holistic approach to construction. We have become a Canadian leader in the delivery of accelerated modular projects.
Our core purpose is to leave things better in everything we do: from delivering time savings and certainty for our clients, to helping our employees grow and achieve their full potential.
Our fast-paced and motivated team is currently recruiting a Site Project Administrator and Logistics Coordinator who will play a key role within Nomodic's Permanent Modular Construction team, working directly with all departments to ensure the administration, dispatch, travel, site readiness and project logistical needs and goals of the company are accomplished in the most efficient, thorough, expedient and cost effective manner.
Reporting to the Directors of both Construction and Projects, and accountable to the Site Construction Managers and Project Managers within the division or project, the Site Project Administrator and Logistics Coordinator is a full-time permanent position with regular site rotational coverage, and working under the Permanent Modular Construction Division of Nomodic.
Modular building experience is a prerequisite, and applicants without will not qualify at this time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Site Project Administrator and Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and completion of general duties and responsibilities of all site and project administration and logistics planning, as well as the forecasting, dispatching, travel, accommodation, and other site aspects for internal & external subcontractors crews associated to the Permanent Modular Construction division.
Job tasks include:
- Coordinates, directs, assists, and completes the operations of the administrative requirements for multiple projects sites and their supervision
- Provides ancillary assistance to project management and co-ordination team with the setup of new projects, vendors, contractors, and develops site-specific programs based on the contract needs or requirements
- Acts as a single point of contact and/or control point for all project administration for the site including creating and advising on-site procedures & protocols, forecasting and budgetary reporting, and other related policies
- Acts as a liaison between site and the Human Resources, Payroll, HSE, Quality and Warranty departments by directing employees to the appropriate person and providing assistance
- Ensures all site administration functions are consistently following company process and guidelines at each project site and that project documents are being organized and filed
- Oversees and enters all timecards, coding accuracy of the master hour spreadsheets and labour summaries for each project as well as maintaining and updating spreadsheets and reports as required by site supervision, construction or project management for project specific deliverables or turnover requirements
- Administers the development and tracking of the projects commissioning, turnover and quality, and training documentation process from final walk down thru to the warranty period including the collation of documents for O&Ms and contract closeout
- Acts as the direct coordinating representative for the PMC Warranty Department after project occupancy to handle and assist managing warranty calls, claims and dispatching of services, manpower or subcontractors in conjunction with the Warranty Manager
- Collects, monitors, reports, and communicates all site materials receiving’s and documentation with Purchasing and creates and manages all site issued POs for vendor orders and expenses, as well as collation for finance
- Monitors and manages employee expenses submitted by staff for accuracy & entitlement (i.e. Personal expenses/ Receipts / LOA / Company Visa) and submits to appropriate managers for approval and Payroll for reimbursement or processing
- Troubleshoot contractor or site personnel scheduling conflicts and provide coverage recommendations as required on other projects within the local service area
- Resolves issues with employee and subcontractor delays, cancellations, short notice changes and replacements in accordance with those scopes’ contracts
- Assists with the project forecasting and budget creation for administration, travel, accommodation, dispatch, and manpower needs as well as project cost monitoring in conjunction with the sites work scopes and budget
- Completes divisional costs, savings, and monitoring reports for the Project Management
- Seeks out cost-savings and business relationship building opportunities for dispatch and administrative programs utilizing close vicinity contractors, suppliers, and vendors for the site-specific required logistics
- Organizes, categorizes, and uploads pertinent progress, technical, budgetary, and reporting documents into the server and project specific files for document control records of the project
- Maintains an up-to-date schedule for all site-based personnel/subcontractors including shifts, rotations, travel days, transfers, residence, changes in positions and other related workforce co-ordination functions.
- Incorporates holiday and other time off work requests into a master crew list/ schedule and tracks for supervisory compliance with multiple projects needs across the division
- Dispatches workers and contractors to appropriate locations according to specific requests and requirements from the construction and project management teams and allocates resources
- Coordinates with HR/HSE to schedule site or employee specific training, pre-access testing for new hires or workers transferring from other sites prior to deployment to a project and/or during operations of a project
- Coordinates and schedules site transfers, and general employee logistics and assists with site access, project readiness, and preplanning for all equipment and subcontractors required
- Assists HSE in the tracking and submission of employee/subcontractor training and related paperwork as well as maintaining files of education, certificates etc., maintaining certifications onsite, and daily HSE paperwork filing and scanning
- Maintains communications with employees and subcontractors to ensure workers are dispatched as they become available based on their qualifications and our site requirement system for the specific projects
- Work seamlessly with the Construction Personnel Coordinator role, each providing support functions for the other
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- High school graduate diploma
- Completion of post-secondary schooling in business, computers or office management is an asset (or equivalent work experience)
- Must be fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Must have minimum of valid class 5 driver’s license with clean abstract
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in a progressive administrative role
- Background in project coordination and understanding of construction site logistics is an asset
Skills and Experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel & Outlook
- Capable user of computer tools and systems to support the role, including Microsoft Office products, and the willingness to introduce new IT tools to drive efficiencies and automation
- Commitment to Corporate Safety Policies at all times, and maintains a clean driver’s abstract
- Proven ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to build strong working relationships with project management, clients, employees, sub-contractors, vendors, governing bodies, and all project stake holders both internally and externally of the company
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to work under pressure, adapt and a desire to learn, with a strong attention to detail while evaluating priorities and making sound business decisions, and that is schedule and deadline driven
- Must have well developed multi-tasking and problem-solving skills with an ability to coordinate several high-priority tasks simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to identify those critical paths
- Able to manage a fluctuating workload and set project priorities, working under pressure, while continuing to meet deadlines and able to work individually, but with a focus on the overall management of the project and team
- Accuracy and attention to detail, organizational, time management, technical writing, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- High standards of ethical conduct; ensuring the preservation of confidential and/or sensitive information and the ability to promote and exemplify Nomodic’s core values
- Confidence and assertiveness to steward and direct employees, vendors and contractors while maintaining a positive working environment
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts, rotations and hours as required by the sites or business, with some weekend work required and on call for emergencies, but on a static rotation
Modular building experience is a prerequisite, applicants without will not qualify at this time.
We thank all of those who apply; however, we'll only reach out to those who we see qualified.
Nomodic is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment and career advancement opportunities.