Nomodic is an industry-leading provider of integrated building solutions, from design and permitting to fabrication and installation. We believe in ‘building without boundaries’, where any client vision is fulfilled through an innovative, flexible, and holistic approach to construction. We have become a Canadian leader in the delivery of accelerated modular projects.
Our core purpose is to leave things better in everything we do: from delivering time savings and certainty for our clients, to helping our employees grow and achieve their full potential.
Our fast-paced and motivated team is currently recruiting a Proposal Coordinator, who, reporting to the Director of Business Development (SVP in lieu), plays an integral role within Nomodic’s Permanent Modular Construction commercial team. This role provides oversight of the proposal coordination and sales support activities, including response to solicitations with high quality, customer-focused content. The Proposal Coordinator provides preliminary research, leads the coordination of proposal formation, and provides commercial support activities interacting with multiple departments within the organization.
This role contributes to the development of team plans and discussions and demonstrates a strong understanding of Nomodic’s business objectives. The Proposal Coordinator will have a strong overall market awareness to provide pursuit recommendations and will be an active participant in the business planning process. They will have the ability to draft technical narratives and assist with determining the necessary qualifications to manage commercial risks while providing a competitive offer.
The Proposal Coordinator will work in concert with the Business and Project Development teams to achieve the business objectives and support the strategic growth of the organization.
This position is based in Calgary.
- Proposal development and process management. Implement the proposal process and ensure all prepared proposal and qualification submissions are high quality, compliant with solicitation requirements, and communicate Nomodic's capabilities and value of service. Demonstrate understanding of the solicitation document(s), identify response deliverables, establish submission schedules, and communicate responsibilities and accountabilities to the response team.
- Pursuit and process management. Provide overall coordination of key pursuits from identification, qualification, estimating, proposal submission and follow-up.
- Document control. Ensure client documents are downloaded (and updated regularly), and a copy is sent to all proposal response team members.
- Develop and manage an internal proposal kick-off meeting (with the Pre-Construction team), during which the responsibilities (including own deliverables) will be assigned, and win strategies and themes, key messages, differentiators, and storyboarding will be discussed and agreed upon.
- Respond to proposal questions in a timely and knowledgeable manner.
- Schedule and manage regular Proposal meetings to ensure the development of the response is reviewed regularly and issues are identified and mitigated early.
- Craft solutions that are thorough, practical, creative, and consistent with proposal and business objectives.
- Responsible for the assembly of final proposal documentation including the editing of images and narratives to ensure the response delivers a consistent package meeting the proposal criteria.
- Reviews all documentation to ensure technical accurateness and demonstrates good use of grammar, is readable, written as one voice and ensuring consistency on use of format and terms.
- Keep track of local market information, accumulate data and information for proposal submissions.
- Support development of presentations, and other internal and external communications and documentation
- Coordinate proposal efforts with any bid partners.
- Support all BD and marketing-related activities including competitor awareness.
- When necessary, assists in the design, formatting, and editing of proposal documents using the Adobe suite (Acrobat, InDesign).
- Updates proposal templates, project sheets and ensures all relevant information is stored electronically and searchable for future project pursuits.
- Key partner to Estimating Team, Business Development Team, and Operations Teams.
Planning and Process
- Manage tasks assigned to others, maintaining focus on deadlines, and working backwards to create an execution plan
- Update project fact sheets and the proposal database
- Adhere to the work-winning / proposal management process, and any agreed upon processes required by JV partners and external team members.
- Develop and organize a proposal library to streamline proposal development
- Assist the response team members in the execution of tasks
- Sit in at design / development meetings to contribute to pursuit strategy and proposal development
- Build networking skills and constantly gain knowledge on the business and overall proposal process
- Demonstrate HSE and Quality behaviors that reflect corporate expectations
- Bachelor degree in a business-related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience in real estate development is considered an asset
- Experience in business development and sales activities to government organizations (federal, provincial, and municipal) is considered an asset
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of direct or indirect industry experience
- Understanding of the full range of solicitation/proposal documents (including agreements)
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams, with various levels of management and stakeholders through the proposal process
- Demonstrate experience in the following Software – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Office
- Experience with Salesforce and ability to act as a super user for system management and report development
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Research skills and the ability to problem solve
- Experience with narrative development, proofreading, editing, and formatting
- Strategic agility, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and brings a strong approach to team collaboration
- Ability to promote and exemplify Nomodic’s core values
- Ability to interact with and influence external and internal customers at all levels
- Acts professionally and in a trustworthy and respectful manner, ensuring the preservation of confidential and/or sensitive information
- Ability to receive and give feedback
- Intuition to know when an issue needs to be escalated
- Proven experience in planning, schedule and work execution
We thank all of those who apply; however, we'll only reach out to those who we see qualified.
Nomodic is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment and career advancement opportunities.