Nomodic is an industry leader in design-build projects, and one of the most complete and trusted providers of custom hybrid and offsite building solutions. We believe in building without boundaries, where every project is a blank canvas with infinite possibilities waiting to be discovered. Our unique hybrid approach, which includes modular, prefabricated components, and traditional craftsmanship, makes it possible to efficiently implement a variety of construction methods to find the best possible solution for each project, delivering time savings and peace of mind from concept to completion.
Our core purpose is to leave things better in everything we do: from delivering time savings and certainty for our clients, to helping our employees grow and achieve their full potential.
Our fast-paced and motivated team is currently recruiting a Supply Chain Manager, who, reporting to the President of Operations, plays a key leadership role within Nomodic’s operations team. The Supply Chain Managers primary focus is planning, implementing, and monitoring our overall supply chain strategy and to maximize efficiency and productivity.
As a growing organization, we are looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual that will be able to grow within Nomodic and its rapid growth trajectory. This position will collaborate with other departments, such as Operations and Finance, to create effective business plans, so teamwork skills are important. We are also looking for an individual with experience in project management as well as great leadership and communication ability.
The Supply Chain Managers duties are to be performed at a high level of professionalism and moral standards.
This position is based in Calgary.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support Nomodic’s safety vision and complies with all safety rules, policies, and procedures; maintains accountability for safety performance of subordinate personnel
- Report all incidents immediately to the VP, Construction Services and ensure that the incident reporting policies are followed
- Participate in risk and incident reviews as applicable
- Develops appropriate supply chain strategy to maximize customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost
- Implements and defines the need for strategic supply chain relationships such as MSA’s
- Works closely with Senior leadership to develop long term supply chain strategies
- Leads the supply chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Directs and coordinates supply chain functions through strategy, resource optimization, profitability maximization, and KPIs resulting in the maximization of customer satisfaction
- Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand
- Works with departments to determine and set up intercompany transfers
- Monitors and corrects inventory levels to ensure rotation and maximize working capital
- Works with freight forwards and transportation companies to set best route and rate (reviews and approves all freight terms and agreements)
- Collaborates with all operational departments regularly
- Supports proper utilization of ERP system (Maestro)
Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of supply chain, logistics, or warehouse management experience
- Supply Chain Management Profession Designation (SCMP) recommended
- Must be fluent in English (both oral and written)
- Must have minimum of valid class 5 driver’s license
Skills and Experience
- Ability to promote and exemplify Nomodic’s core values
- Capable user of computer tools and systems to support the role, including Microsoft Office products, and the willingness to introduce new IT tools to drive efficiencies and automation
- High standards of ethical conduct; ensuring the preservation of confidential and/or sensitive information
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), interpersonal and time management skills
- Adaptability and the ability to react quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent planning, organizing and logistics skills
- Effective in making objective decisions
- Strong team philosophy
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Propensity for multi-tasking
- Deadline driven
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time constrained environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to assess the operational effectiveness of vendors and contractors
- Ability to delegate and manage multiple operations effectively
We thank all of those who apply; however, we'll only reach out to those who we see qualified.
Nomodic is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment and career advancement opportunities.