Nomodic is an industry-leading provider of integrated building solutions, from design and permitting to fabrication and installation. We believe in ‘building without boundaries’, where any client vision is fulfilled through an innovative, flexible, and holistic approach to construction. We have become a Canadian leader in the delivery of accelerated modular projects.
Our core purpose is to leave things better in everything we do: from delivering time savings and certainty for our clients, to helping our employees grow and achieve their full potential.
Our fast-paced and motivated team is currently recruiting Journeymen & Apprentice Carpenters who under the direction of the Project Supervisor, will be responsible for the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of structures and components of structures made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials. These positions are based out of Nanaimo and/or Vancouver. You must live in or be willing to relocate to Vancouver or Nanaimo.
The Journeyman & Apprentice Carpenters performs some or all of the following duties:
- Operate and maintain company assets and equipment without direct supervision
- Complete all required daily HSE documents including FLRA’s, JSA’s, and vehicle/equipment inspections
- Read and interpret blueprints and building plans to determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- Prepare layouts in accordance to building codes.
- Measure, cut or shape materials made of wood, plastic, fiberglass, drywall, and other materials.
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof.
- Fit and install structures such as doors, stairs, windows and molding.
- Maintain, repair and renovate existing structures such as camp residences, offices and residential establishments.
- Supervise and instruct apprentices and other construction trade helpers.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Additional duties as required.
- High School diploma
- Red Seal Journeyman Carpenter / Red Seal Apprentice Carpenter
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years in carpentry field
- Modular installation experience
- Must possess valid trade license
- Red Seal endorsement is an asset
- Ability to work effectively with team members
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a demonstrated ability to work both with a team and independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Act professionally and in a trustworthy and respectful manner
- High standards of ethical conduct; ensuring the preservation of confidential and/or sensitive information
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Workload is moderate to high with the majority of work in remote work locations
- Frequently exposed to noise and a regular flow of people
- Working in camps can include extreme heat or cold changes as well as all outdoor conditions
- Work schedule is typically 0700 to 1730 each day on a schedule of 21 days on and 7 days off
Physical requirements :
- Must be able to work in a field environment
- Moderate to high level of physicality
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. frequently
- Employee is responsible to supply their own tools as a condition of employment
- Pre-access drug and alcohol testing required.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination may be required to meet client site requirements.
The position is based out of Vancouver or Nanaimo. This employer offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment and career advancement opportunities.
We thank all of those who apply, but we'll only reach out to those who we see qualified.