Nomodic is an industry-leading provider of integrated building solutions, from design and permitting to fabrication and installation. We believe in ‘building without boundaries’, where any client vision is fulfilled through an innovative, flexible, and holistic approach to construction. We have become a Canadian leader in the delivery of accelerated modular projects.
Our core purpose is to leave things better in everything we do: from delivering time savings and certainty for our clients, to helping our employees grow and achieve their full potential.
Our fast-paced and motivated team is currently recruiting a Master Electrician, who under the direction of the Site Supervisor, will be responsible for installation, maintenance and repairs associated with domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems of modular structures. Successful candidates will work out of town on a rotational schedule and will be able to work in team environments and unsupervised. A pre-access Drug and Alcohol test will be required.
Specific Duties Include:
- Operate and maintain company assets and equipment without direct supervision
- Complete all required daily HSE documents including FLRA’s, JSA’s, and vehicle/equipment inspections
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of electrical systems, distribution and wiring systems
- Install and demobe modular buildings in remote camps
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial electrical systems
- Locate and mark positions for tray, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate wiring and conduit
- Construct and install electrical systems such as transformers, cables, tray, panels etc.
- Lead teams of apprentices and laborers to complete the assigned duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma
- Master Electrician Designation
- Red Seal Journeyman Electrician
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years in electrical field
- Modular installation experience
- Must possess valid Red Seal Journeyman Electrician certificate
- Ability to work effectively with team members
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a demonstrated ability to work both with a team and independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Act professionally and in a trustworthy and respectful manner
- High standards of ethical conduct; ensuring the preservation of confidential and/or sensitive information
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Workload is moderate to high with the majority of work in remote work locations
- Frequently exposed to noise and a regular flow of people
- Working in camps can include extreme heat or cold changes as well as all outdoor conditions
- Work schedule is typically 0700 to 1730 each day on a schedule of 21 days on and 7 days off
- Must be able to work in a field environment
- Moderate to high level of physicality
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. frequently
- Employee is responsible for supplying their own tools as a condition of employment.
- Pre-access drug and alcohol testing is required.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination may be required to meet client site requirements.
The position is based out of Edmonton. Work locations will vary by project and may include approximately 80% camp/out of town work and 20% in town work. Pre-access drug and alcohol testing required. Point of hire is Edmonton, Alberta. This employer offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment and career advancement opportunities.
We thank all of those who apply, but we'll only reach out to those who we see qualified.