Nomodic is an industry-leading provider of integrated building solutions, from design and permitting to fabrication and installation. We believe in ‘building without boundaries’, where any client vision is fulfilled through an innovative, flexible, and holistic approach to construction. We have become a Canadian leader in the delivery of accelerated modular projects.
Our core purpose is to leave things better in everything we do, from delivering time savings and certainty for our clients, to helping our employees grow and achieve their full potential.
Our fast-paced and motivated team is currently recruiting a Superintendent who will play a key role within Nomodic’s leadership and operations team, with a primary focus on safety, cost, schedule, and execution of site work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Superintendent performs some or all of the following duties:
- Maintain and promote the corporate Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Report all incidents immediately to the Construction Manager and Health & Safety Coordinator, and manage the incident response and investigation as per company policies and provincial guidelines
- Participate in risk and incident reviews as applicable
- Responsible to ensure site compliance with Occupational Health & Safety standards and compliance for all employees and sub-trades onsite
- Ensure crew completes daily Job Hazards Assessments and a field level risk analysis before every task, reviewed for compliance with your acknowledgment to proceed as safe work
- Project Development
- Assist in development of project budgets, schedule and execution plans by working closely with the Construction Manager
- Monitor project activities hands on and advise supervision and management of resources availability and requirements for the site on a consistent basis
- Maintain open communications with all employees and Sub-contractors assigned to the project, reviewing site deliverables on a weekly basis with them
- Supervise small to large crews in modular and industry specific construction and encourage best practices in time management and job planning through leadership by example
- Develop takeoffs, material orders, and field level design change recommendations to efficiently use materials, labor and equipment to meet project deadlines and ensure that an inventory of supplies are maintained and projected ahead for all disciplines
- Understand changes (weather, materials, and delays) and report impacts to budget, schedule, quality
- Implement best practices for time management, urgency of task, job planning, delegation and accountability to meet the overall goals of the project deliverables
- Supervise and organize the scope of work of subcontractors onsite, offering support, advice and direction and ensuring compliance to company policy and safe work procedures at all times while onsite.
- Maintain budgets for the day-to-day expenditures to influence the projects financial profitability
- Jointly responsible for the trades, contractor management and development of onsite crew and ensure that construction activities, reporting and scheduling requirements assigned by the Construction Manager for their area are implemented and executed in such a manner that both Nomodic and client expectations are met
- Ensure that Quality Management standards are met and documented according to project specifications and the Nomodic Quality Management System
- Responsible for reporting throughout project lifecycle to internal and external stakeholders. (i.e., safety, daily and weekly progress reports, resourcing, etc)
- Successful completion of post-secondary school is required (or equivalent work experience)
- Must be Journeyman Tradesperson in either Carpentry or Ironworker
- Must provide copy of industry tickets:
Skills and Experience
- Extensive Modular experience will be considered an asset
- Advanced knowledge of large-scale construction leadership and practices would be considered an asset
- Must be fluent in English (written and verbal) and have minimum valid class 5 driver’s license with clean abstract
- 5+ years supervisory experience in similar role
- Able to demonstrate successful experience on multiple commercial building projects, with an understanding of efficient building processes, and practices
- Able to work individually and as a team member with experience in leadership of 10+ employees and 20+ subcontractors
- Excellent planning, organizing and logistics skills
- Adaptability and the ability to react quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Capable user of computer tools and systems to support the role, including Microsoft Office products, and the willingness to introduce new IT tools to drive efficiencies and automation
- Accuracy and attention to detail, organizational, time management, technical writing, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- High standards of ethical conduct; ensuring the preservation of confidential and/or sensitive information
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to promote and exemplify Nomodic’s core values
- Propensity for multi-tasking
- Deadline driven
- Strong leadership skills
- Confidence and assertiveness to lead and direct vendors and contractors while maintaining a positive working relationship
- Work shifts are 10 hours a day, 21 days on and 7 days off, or as required
- Site representation for some remote locations can include extreme weather as well as all outdoor conditions that will be present through the seasons in that area
- Frequently driving for extended periods and can be affected by potential extreme weather
- Frequently assigned changing priorities and flexible to meet business needs
- Must be able to work in both a field and site office environments as required
- Must be able to work on a computer as required during their shift, or when cross shifting, as well as in the field alternatively all or partial days on the tools
- A pre-access Drug and Alcohol test will be required.
We thank all of those who apply, however we will only contact those who we see qualified.
Nomodic is an equal opportunity employer.